From: jehamby@PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_DOMAIN_FILE (Jake E. Hamby)
Subject: Unbuffered keyboard input on VAX ADA?
Date: 27 Jan 1995 07:05:21 GMT
Date: 1995-01-27T07:05:21+00:00	[thread overview]

Does anyone know a way to get unbuffered keyboard input (i.e. one
character at a time without waiting for ENTER) using DEC Ada 83 for
VAX/VMS?  Our curriculum at Cal Poly Pomona uses Ada, and NONE of the
students/faculty has found an answer to this seemingly simple problem.

Perhaps it's possible to import a foreign C function to do the input, but
I would like to have an Ada-only solution.  Does anyone know how to do
this?  Please send E-Mail, I will post a reply.  Thanks in advance!

*	Jake Hamby - "Linux: The Choice of a GNU Generation"		*
*	E-MAIL:  jehamby@lightside.com + jehamby@vms4.sci.csupomona.edu *
* 	http://vms4.sci.csupomona.edu/~jehamby/index.html		*