From: l107353@cliffy.lfwc.lockheed.com (Garlington KE)
Subject: Re: Multiple instances of run-time sys?
Date: 23 Jan 1995 15:42:22 GMT
Date: 1995-01-23T15:42:22+00:00	[thread overview]

We have a "modular" processing architecture on the F-22, although the
definition of modular is a little different than yours. Rather than having
a series of "black boxes" dedicated to different tasks (a radar box, a
mission management box, etc.) we have a series of common modules used for
different tasks (a standard data processor, a signal processor, etc.). The
way we handle the RTS problem is to require a common development environment
for each module type. The RTS for that environment allows multiple programs
to run on the same module, so there's no problem with conflicting RTSs.

Ken Garlington                  GarlingtonKE@lfwc.lockheed.com
F-22 Computer Resources         Lockheed Fort Worth Co.

If LFWC or the F-22 program has any opinions, they aren't telling me.