From: dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (David Weller)
Subject: Re: "Some" Ada jobs in the Chicago area
Date: 21 Jan 1995 20:36:47 -0600
Date: 1995-01-21T20:36:47-06:00	[thread overview]

In article <95020.121917U54294@uicvm.uic.edu>,  <U54294@uicvm.uic.edu> wrote:
>[Relocation package details deleted]
>
>Since I was the original poster for the "Some  Ada jobs in Chicago"
>note, I think I'll reply to this. My reply:
>Remarkable!
>Something tells me that the costs incurred above were passed along to the
>customer, the American taxpayer. No wonder the American military's
>degree of readiness is slipping while DoD consumes $265 billion per year.
>And this while defense electronics is downsizing and retooling ;) and thousands
>of other private-sector programmers and engineers are losing their jobs.
>I wonder what things were like in 1979-1987, during which time the DoD
>budget doubled in size?

Odd, what he described is a pretty standard relocation package for
engineers even in commercial companies.  Those companies recover
their money by passing it on to the consumer.  A tax, if you will.

Your criticism is a little misguided.

--
       Frustrated with C/C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command: