* DOS/WINDOWS ADA COMPILERS?
@ 1995-01-19 13:56 al.lively
From: al.lively @ 1995-01-19 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am interested in learning how to use ADA, but I must admit I currently know
very little about it.  Even though I was in the Air Force when ADA was
a hot subject, I have been far removed from the fray for a few years.
I would be interested in knowing ADA's current and planned future role
in DOD and/or other agencies.

I would also be interested in knowing about current validated ADA compilers
for DOS and/or Windows environments.

I appreciate any help and I hope to get up to snuff soon.

Al Lively
Information Systems Auditor
Georgia Institute of Technology

* Re: DOS/WINDOWS ADA COMPILERS?
@ 1995-01-20 23:24 ` bryan ray
From: bryan ray @ 1995-01-20 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

We have developed MS windows applications with Ada using the Meridian OpenAda compiler
with a good deal of success.  There were some initial learning problems and minor
idiosyncracis(sp?) but overall success.

Bryan Ray
bray@ladc.lockheed.com

* Re: DOS/WINDOWS ADA COMPILERS?
@ 1995-01-25  1:19 ` Steve Sivulka
From: Steve Sivulka @ 1995-01-25  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

al.lively@business.gatech.edu wrote:

> I am interested in learning how to use ADA, but I must admit I currently know
> very little about it.  Even though I was in the Air Force when ADA was
> a hot subject, I have been far removed from the fray for a few years.
> I would be interested in knowing ADA's current and planned future role
> in DOD and/or other agencies.
>
> I would also be interested in knowing about current validated ADA compilers
> for DOS and/or Windows environments.
>
> I appreciate any help and I hope to get up to snuff soon.
>

> Al Lively
> Information Systems Auditor
> Georgia Institute of Technology

For DOS and Windows Ada development systems I would suggest
Alsys' ActivAda.  It comes with an integrated development environment,
a GUI Builder tool for Ada/Windows code generation, and a 32-bit compiler.

It's a great product...(and I'm not saying
that just because I work for Alsys ;-)

Alsys
10251 Vista Sorrento Pkwy, Ste. 300
San Diego, CA  92121