From: ralph@ifr.luftfahrt.uni-stuttgart.de (Ralph Paul)
Subject: pragma import problem ( also OS/2 : gnat 4emx )
Date: 19 Jan 1995 10:43:41 GMT
Date: 1995-01-19T10:43:41+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

I am currently working on a GNAT-2.00  for emx.
Last night I encountered an interesting problem :

The linker ld was not able to link with the os2.a lib
because it couldn't find the required C - functions !
Therefore I was unable to do tasking as well as use the
pm-bindings.

After comparing different runtime files which import c-functions
I stumbled across the solution. It is rather simple :

All I had to do was to erase " Link_Name => " and recompile
the changed runtime files ( and it's dependants ).

I think on Linux there is a similar problem ?!

Now i am able to use the pm-bindings and to compile tasking
programs. There is however still one problem left. It seems
that the c-library is not completely multi-threaded safe but
E. Mattes mentions a way around this problem the doc files.

( strange thing : If I step thru the tasking test prog. with emx-gdb
it works fine !. Without emx-gdb it raises an unhandled
execption after running for a few iterations . )

I will work on this . I hope to be able to get this done
during the next days. If it works out i will announce it
to gnat-report and comp.lang.ada.
BTW i sent NYU-GNAT a message on this OS/2 stuff and didn't get
any response yet ( Hello GNAT (;-)  ).

Many thanks in advance,

Ralph Paul

E-Mail :