From: whitteng@aol.com (Whitteng)
Subject: Re: Fast file access?
Date: 19 Jan 1995 04:08:38 -0500
Date: 1995-01-19T04:08:38-05:00	[thread overview]

I work at the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory (INEL) on the AdaSAGE
development team, and what we have always done is avoid the standard file
manipulation packages.  Up on ftp://sage.inel.gov you will find various
versions of AdaSAGE, including the Rational Software Meridian compiler.
What you are getting is binaries that will link with you program.  The
file access stuff is in the Files package.  The files package interfaces
directly to dos through assembly language and is very fast.

BTW, also available on ftp://sage.inel.gov is a reference version of the
source code for AdaSAGE (see the CDROM directory) that should contain the
source for Files.

TTFN < ; - | )