* Interfaces.C and use clause
@ 2005-05-19 13:58 ich_bin_elvis
From: ich_bin_elvis @ 2005-05-19 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I'm using interfaces.C with a use clause, use is not allowed in SPARK
and this give me an error when i try to remove the use clause because
then i get an error on all oprators. how can I solve this? Is the best
way to convert all operations on the float numbers and convert tthem to
interfaces.C when I'm done or is there another better way?

Ronny

* Re: Interfaces.C and use clause
@ 2005-05-19 14:22 ` Vinzent 'Gadget' Hoefler
From: Vinzent 'Gadget' Hoefler @ 2005-05-19 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

ich_bin_elvis@hotmail.com wrote:

> I'm using interfaces.C with a use clause, use is not allowed in SPARK
> and this give me an error when i try to remove the use clause because
> then i get an error on all oprators. how can I solve this?

What about the appropriate "use type"s?

Vinzent.

--
worst case: The wrong assumption there actually is one.

* Re: Interfaces.C and use clause
@ 2005-05-19 14:24 ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2005-05-19 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

ich_bin_elvis@hotmail.com writes:

> I'm using interfaces.C with a use clause, use is not allowed in SPARK
> and this give me an error when i try to remove the use clause because
> then i get an error on all oprators. how can I solve this? Is the best
> way to convert all operations on the float numbers and convert tthem to
> interfaces.C when I'm done or is there another better way?

Does SPARK allow "use type"?

- Bob

* Re: Interfaces.C and use clause
@ 2005-05-19 15:18   ` Rod Chapman
From: Rod Chapman @ 2005-05-19 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Of course - SPARK allows both renaming and (in SPARK95) "use type" to
make
operators directly visible.  RTFSB! :-)
- Rod

* Re: Interfaces.C and use clause
@ 2005-05-20  9:29     ` ich_bin_elvis
From: ich_bin_elvis @ 2005-05-20  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I use : Use Interfaces.C;

I get the error
   7  use interfaces.C;
      ^
***        Syntax Error      : reserved word "PRIVATE" or start of
           PACKAGE_SPECIFICATION or MAIN_PROGRAM_ANNOTATION expected.
                      ^
***        Syntax Error      : No complete DOTTED_SIMPLE_NAME can be
followed
           by ";" here.

           Generating listing file ADADLL.LST ...

           Generating report file ...

So I  seems like I can't use the use clause in

for the use type win32.bool i made a shadow package... And this worked
fine. But when I remove the use clause for Interfaces.C  I get that
operators  +-= is not visible an that this could be solved with an use
clause.... is there another way. any examples

* Re: Interfaces.C and use clause
@ 2005-05-23 14:43       ` Peter Amey
From: Peter Amey @ 2005-05-23 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

ich_bin_elvis@hotmail.com wrote:
> When I use : Use Interfaces.C;

[snip]

> for the use type win32.bool i made a shadow package... And this worked
> fine. But when I remove the use clause for Interfaces.C  I get that
> operators  +-= is not visible an that this could be solved with an use
> clause.... is there another way. any examples

At the point where you "with" the win32 shadow package add "use type
xxxx.bool;" (where xxxx is  replaced with th ename of your shadow
package).  Use type make sall the operators visible but soen't have any
of the less desirable effects of "use".

Peter