From: Ross Higson <rosshigsonREMOVE_ME@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: Applications written in Ada
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:49:05 +1100
Date: 2003-10-29T20:49:05+11:00	[thread overview]

Lars wrote:

> a) Is there a list of applications written in Ada that are not intended for
> defense/space/aviation?

Try AdaWorld (http://www.adaworld.com/) and look around the 'Ada
Projects' section.

> b) Which Ada applications (especially for Win32) are there for which the
> source code is available?

I have telnet and serial communications applications specifically
written for Win32 in Ada - see the 'libraries' section of Ada World
(they're in that section because the applications are mainly intended as
test programs for the terminal emulation library). However, they are
both complete implementations, and the source is available.

There are other Win32 applications listed on the site, but sometimes it
is not obvious exactly what platforms are supported. If you feel this is
a serious omission (I never thought of it before!) it might be worth
making this point via the feedback link on the site.

Ross.