From: cjames@hops.entertain.com (Colin James III)
Subject: Re: "Some" Ada jobs in the Chicago area
Date: 13 Jan 1995 06:42:46 -0700
Date: 1995-01-13T06:42:46-07:00	[thread overview]

The Chicago job(s) are trivial because they pay so little (about $30K a
year in that area is what C programmers get right out of college who had
C++ grade point averages).  As I recall, the hightest pay for the
semi-manager Ada programmer there was about $40K.  If Ada jobs in Chicago
were so hot, then the jobs would be filled without advertising in Chicago
or any other major city (which is not the case).  In other words, the
Paul Morris Bucket Shop Agency in New Jersey would have filled the jobs
long ago and been the first to take the commission.  When I was contacted
the sub-contractor doing initial screening did not have accurate or
detailed job descriptions, did not know the exact term of the assignment,
and did not know if the "company" would pay for moving from another city.