* C++ pragmas
@ 2003-08-12  6:07 max1
From: max1 @ 2003-08-12  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Reading GNAT Reference manual about pragma CPP_Constructor I found:

"Pragma `CPP_Constructor' is intended primarily for automatic
generation using an automatic binding generator *tool*."

Where is such tool? Is it free available?
What other Ada compiler supports C++ interfacing?

Is there proposition for C++ interfacing in next Ada standard?

Thank you

Maxim Reznik

* Re: C++ pragmas
@ 2003-08-16  0:06 ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 2003-08-16  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

<max1@mbank.com.ua> wrote in message

> Is there proposition for C++ interfacing in next Ada standard?

You can already interface to C++ without using the GNAT-specific pragmas.
See this article:
From: mheaney@on2.com (Matthew Heaney)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: Re: linking to C++
Date: 4 Jun 2003 07:09:14 -0700
+group:comp.lang.ada+author:Matthew+author:Heaney&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring
=d&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=1&as_miny=2002&as_maxd=15&as_maxm=8&as_maxy=
2003&selm=1ec946d1.0306040609.60873482%40posting.google.com&rnum=4

That article refers to an earlier article:
From: "Matthew Heaney" <mheaney@on2.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: Re: Rational Apex Ada - Pragma interface with C++
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:47:41 -0400

-Matt

* Re: C++ pragmas
@ 2003-08-16 19:22 ` Ira Baxter
From: Ira Baxter @ 2003-08-16 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

<max1@mbank.com.ua> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Reading GNAT Reference manual about pragma CPP_Constructor I found:
>
> "Pragma `CPP_Constructor' is intended primarily for automatic
> generation using an automatic binding generator *tool*."
>
> Where is such tool? Is it free available?
> What other Ada compiler supports C++ interfacing?

I don't know of such a tool off the shelf.

However, one could build such a tool with the DMS Software Reengineering
Toolkit.
(See http://www.semanticdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html).
It is as to parse/process both Ada and C++, and could be configured
to parse Ada, extract Ada function/package signatures, and generate
the corresponding C++ interfaces, or vice versa.

This isn't a weekend project, but if you had a lot of interfaces,
it would be a definite long term gain.

YMMV.

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO   512-250-1018
Semantic Designs, Inc.      www.semdesigns.com