* gnat3.2 on Sun Solaris
@ 1995-01-05 19:09 Gary Lapman
From: Gary Lapman @ 1995-01-05 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently installed the gnat Ada translator on my Sun.  I tried doing a make
on the examples but files outside of the examples directory cannot be found.  I
edited the makefile to have a "-I /usr2/Ada/adainclude".  As you may have
noticed, I cannot install in the default directories for storage reasons.  I've
printed out the postscript document that was in the tar file but it doesn't
seem to give me any good pointers.  Can you help ?  I would love more docs.

Thanks.

--
Gary Lapman
Illgen Simulation Technologies, Inc.

* Re: gnat3.2 on Sun Solaris
@ 1995-01-08  3:25 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1995-01-08  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9501051109.ZM28328@ISTI.illgen.com>,
Gary Lapman <glapman@ISTI.illgen.com> wrote:
>I recently installed the gnat Ada translator on my Sun.  I tried doing a make
>on the examples but files outside of the examples directory cannot be found.  I
>edited the makefile to have a "-I /usr2/Ada/adainclude".  As you may have
>noticed, I cannot install in the default directories for storage reasons.  I've
>printed out the postscript document that was in the tar file but it doesn't
>seem to give me any good pointers.  Can you help ?  I would love more docs.

The top-level README from cs.nyu.edu, pub/gnat has installation instuctions.
There are several alternative installations for SunOS and Solaris; we
installed ours in an individual Solaris directory rather than the "standard"
ones, which are kept under tight control by our sys mgrs. I had no problems.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
One, two, three ways an underdog: Ada fan, Mac fan, Old Liberal Democrat
         Ada on the World-Wide Web: http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/