From: ncohen@watson.ibm.com (Norman H. Cohen)
Subject: Re: Soviet Union and Ada are similar
Date: 5 Jan 1995 15:24:14 GMT
Date: 1995-01-05T15:24:14+00:00	[thread overview]

There is a newsgroup named soc.history.war.world-war-ii, which sounds
like the appropriate place to continue this fascinating discussion,
despite the strained attempts to relate it to Ada.

In article <D1wo76.1LI@tigger.jvnc.net>, Alexy Khrabrov <khrabrov@cccc.com
(Alexy V. Khrabrov)> writes:

|>         Unfortunately, I couldn't find out any confirmed facts
|> about the cooperation in Ada military development.  I had known
|> a member of the joint Politbureau-Government commission in the
|> former Soviet Union, responsible for the software insertion in
|> the military.  He admitted there was a SU-DoD program specifically
|> about Ada, but soon after it was approved ``perestroika'' (chaos)
|> began and the results are unknown (may be secret)?

The only Soviet Ada-related work I'm aware of was on the pragma to
suppress Czechs.

--
Norman H. Cohen    ncohen@watson.ibm.com