* Hope this question is not silly!
@ 2003-05-29  8:05 prashna
From: prashna @ 2003-05-29  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
Is it possible to call unix system call in Ada program?if yes, Is
there any website which explains as how to do this?
The reason I am asking this question is, the syntax of unix system
calls does not support Ada...

* Re: Hope this question is not silly!
@ 2003-05-29  9:07 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2003-05-29  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

vashwath@rediffmail.com (prashna) writes:

> Hi all,
> Is it possible to call unix system call in Ada program?

Yes, see pragma Import/Export in your compiler documentation. Also check
Annex B - Interface to Other Languages.

Pascal.

--|

* Re: Hope this question is not silly!
@ 2003-05-29 13:45 ` Mark Lorenzen
From: Mark Lorenzen @ 2003-05-29 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

vashwath@rediffmail.com (prashna) writes:

> Hi all,
> Is it possible to call unix system call in Ada program?if yes, Is
> there any website which explains as how to do this?
> The reason I am asking this question is, the syntax of unix system
> calls does not support Ada...

If you use GNAT and you want the big toolbox, you can download
'florist' - the GNAT implementation of the ISO/IEC 14519 standard. The
standard defines interfaces to POSIX like operating systems.

http://libre.act-europe.fr

- Mark

* Re: Hope this question is not silly!
@ 2003-05-29 14:49 ` Daniel Trembath
From: Daniel Trembath @ 2003-05-29 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Prashna,

It's not directly related but you might find this interesting to follow up as well.

http://www.cs.fit.edu/~ryan/ada/programs/args/os-adb.html

Cheers

Daniel
Melbourne Australia