From: ALynch@slb.com
Subject: Re: Which GCC compiler for Linux-GNAT
Date: 29 Apr 2003 15:30:58 GMT
Date: 2003-04-29T15:30:58+00:00	[thread overview]

Preben Randhol <randhol+news@pvv.org> wrote:
> ALynch@slb.com wrote:
>> Unfortunately the upgrading is done for many of us, due to the
>> featuritis that has infested the Linux distributors. Just like MS they
>> seem to think that everyone always wants the latest and greatest.

> Choose Debian. It is a great distribution and the simples to maintain
> and upgrade.

Thanks for the tip, but I knew that already. Over the last year a number
of people have asked "why are you using Red Hat and not Debian?".

Unfortunately that is what the client wants. For some reason they started
out with Red Hat and now they are "stuck with it" - ie. probably worried
that everything will break if they switch distributions. The move from
RH 7.1 up to RH 8.0 was bad enough, but that's a whole load of other
stories that have nothing to do with Ada...

Andrew.