From: wlawton@aol.com (WLawton)
Subject: Re: Ada Sage
Date: 31 Dec 1994 07:28:14 -0500
Date: 1994-12-31T07:28:14-05:00	[thread overview]

In the message Message-ID: <hansonj.7.000830F7@mqg-smtp3.usmc.mil>,
    Jeff Hanson asked:

>Is there any real use for Ada Sage out in the world?  I had the
opportunity to
>work with it for a few months and I was wondering if there was any real
reason
>to keep up with it.  I haven't really heard too much about it being used
for
>anything.  Any comments are welcome.

    That depends on how you define the world.  There is not a lot of usage
outside of the government, but there is some (less than 50 systems).  If
you mean the world outside of the USMC, there is a huge user base in all
of the services as well as the Dept of Energy.  A number of "Purple"
systems are being written/re-engineered using the libraries.  In addition,
there are a number of users outside the U.S..  AdaSAGE has actually been
better recieved in Europe than in the U.S.

    Incidentally, were you in Oki in '91?

Wayne R. Lawton