* Fussy Standard: what is modulo Address?
@ 2003-01-22  7:33 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2003-01-22  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

13.3.22-23. "For a prefix X that denotes a subtype or object:
X'Alignment... Address modulo the Alignment".

The Standard seems to not explain what is "Address modulo".

It can be:

1. The integer mathematical operation fpr
System.Storage_Element.Integer_Address.

2. Operation "mod" for System.Address, defined also in System.

Moreover the Standard probably does not say anything about relations of
these two operations (they should be the same as people seem to tend to
naturally consider these the same).

We should correct it, yes?

* Re: Fussy Standard: what is modulo Address?
@ 2003-01-22  8:05 Grein, Christoph
From: Grein, Christoph @ 2003-01-22  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> 13.3.22-23. "For a prefix X that denotes a subtype or object:
> X'Alignment... Address modulo the Alignment".
>
> The Standard seems to not explain what is "Address modulo".
>
> It can be:
>
> 1. The integer mathematical operation fpr
> System.Storage_Element.Integer_Address.
>
> 2. Operation "mod" for System.Address, defined also in System.
>
> Moreover the Standard probably does not say anything about relations of
> these two operations (they should be the same as people seem to tend to
> naturally consider these the same).
>
> We should correct it, yes?

You seem to have point here. Report it to ada-comment@ada-auth.org.

* Re: Fussy Standard: what is modulo Address?
@ 2003-01-23  6:53 Grein, Christoph
From: Grein, Christoph @ 2003-01-23  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> > The reason I put it in the AARM only is that I thought it was obvious
> > what it must mean.  What else could "address modulo mumble" mean besides
> > the "mod" operator on type Address?  So I disagree that it's a bug.
>
> It also may mean about the value of 'Address attribute which is
> universal integer, not System.Address.

????

RM 13.3(11) ... The value of this attribute is of type System.Address.