From: porton@ex-code.com (Victor Porton)
Subject: Problem Eliminating constructors
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:19:27 +0500
Date: 2003-01-17T00:22:05+00:00	[thread overview]

package A is

  type A_Type is tagged
    record
      X: Integer;
    end;

  function Create(X: Integer) return A_Type; -- guess what is the body

end A;

Then I have

type B_Type is new A.A_Type with
  record
    Y: Integer;
  end;

Compiler requires me to override Create as the return type changes.
But it is meaningless as now I need Create with two parameters
instead of one.

What to do?

Maybe there are a wau to make "function Create(X: Integer) return
A_Type" not a primitive operation so that compiler will not more
request to override it?

Or maybe just move declaration of this func out of package A?