* Gnat Ada Tasking and Threads
@ 2003-01-09 16:43 Jakob Erber
From: Jakob Erber @ 2003-01-09 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

are Gnat Ada Tasks based on the thread modell, the operating system offers
(for example pthreads), or does Gnat Ada implement its own threading system?

best regards

Jakob

* Re: Gnat Ada Tasking and Threads
@ 2003-01-09 17:23 ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2003-01-09 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Jakob Erber @ 2003-01-10  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > Hello,
> >
> > are Gnat Ada Tasks based on the thread modell, the operating system
offers
> > (for example pthreads), or does Gnat Ada implement its own threading
> system?
> >
> This question is answered in the secret documentation furnished with each
> GNAT
> distribution -- in this case in the GNAT Reference Manual section entitled
> Implementation-defined characteristics, item 94, i.e.:
> 94. The affect of implementation defined execution resources on task
> dispatching. See D.2.1(9). Tasks map to threads in the threads package
used
> by GNAT. Where possible and appropriate, these threads correspond to
native
> threads of the underlying operating system.

Thanks David, for this Information,

I would need the information, how it is on OpenVMS AXP and Tru64 AXP

best regards

Jakob