From: see@messagebody.com (Jan)
Subject: Re: unconstrained records
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:54:43 GMT
Date: 2002-12-22T18:54:43+00:00	[thread overview]

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 13:52:54 GMT, "SteveD" <nospam_steved94@attbi.com>
wrote:

>Are you looking at an on-line version of the book?

No, printed version.

>Your answer is present in chapter 3 section 6 on-line.
>  http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/aia/ch_3_6a.html

I will take a look.

>The short answer is your sample code does not work.

Oh, you are right, I didn't test it, because I just don't need this
feature (yet).

So when I write the following code (this one works), the string in
"name" will ALWAYS occupy 15 bytes?

   subtype Max_Index is Natural range 0 .. 15;

   type Test (length : natural := 0) is
     record
        text : string (1..length);
     end record;