From: weisek@source.asset.com (Kevin Weise)
Subject: Re: BOOCH diagram generators
Date: 28 Dec 1994 11:07:27 -0500
Date: 1994-12-28T11:07:27-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <EMERY.94Dec27094107@goldfinger.mitre.org>,
David Emery <emery@goldfinger.mitre.org> wrote:
>>My company is looking for a program that given a set of Ada source files
>>can produce a BOOCH style diagram of tasks, packages etc.
>
>We've had good experience with "ObjectMaker" from Mark V Systems.  It
>runs on a Sparc.  I'm not sure how it prints, but we're able to get it
>to print pretty pictures on a PostScript printer, so I'd assume it
>uses PostScript.

Back in 1988, Intermetrics wrote the Ada COMPOSER as a STARS Foundation
Tool.  I believe you can still get it from ASSET (ASSET_A_235).  It even
ran on a PC-AT (although that must have been painful).  However,
according to its documentation:

    "E.4.4  Tek
     Composer utilizes an Ada/GKS (Graphical Kernel System) binding
     for a Tektronix 4107 graphics terminal.  If the re-host involves
     targeting another graphics terminal, then this package must be
     modified."

It would be nice to know if anyone has modified this program so that it
uses e.g. an X-Window interface.
Kevin J. Weise			weisek@source.asset.com
COLSA Corporation		Voice - (205) 922-1512 ext. 2115
6726 Odyssey Drive		FAX   - (205) 971-0002
Huntsville, AL  35806
{Standard Disclaimers about my opinions & my employer's opinions}
{... which are in conflict often enough}
"Admire those who seek the truth;
  avoid those who find it."		Marcel Proust