From: benari@zeus.datasrv.co.il (Moti Ben-Ari)
Subject: Overloading and polymorphism
Date: 25 Dec 1994 18:56:34 GMT
Date: 1994-12-25T18:56:34+00:00	[thread overview]

Unfortunately I have been trying to learn C++ in detail and they do
a lot of worrying about obscure interactions between overloading
and dynamic polymorphism (a function in a derived class
that seems to overload a function in the base class actually hides it;
dispatching on an object pointed to by a pointer calls the function
of the pointer class if the function is not virtual).

Are there any similar problems in Ada 9X or does everything
work out OK because each call is dispatched on a tag?

Thanks
Moti Ben-Ari