From: porton@ex-code.com (Victor Porton)
Subject: Re: Let's change semantics of "use type"
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 23:12:25 +0500
Date: 2002-11-09T03:20:29+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <wcc65v8i3lh.fsf@shell01.theworld.com>,
	Robert A Duff <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com> writes:
> porton@ex-code.com (Victor Porton) writes:
>
>> I am suggesting (for the next Standard) to change the semantics of "use
>> type" so that it would make visible not only primitive _operators_, but
>> all primitive _operations_.
>
> Why not just "use" the package in which the type is declared?
> Why is this worth modifying the language?

There are many writings on why "use" package is an evil:
It may expose something unintentionally especially when
switching to a new version of a package. This unintentionally
used identifier may cause program behavior different from
intended by a not enough careful programmer (everybody).

I retell that I also suggested an alternate syntax "use all type".