From: "Ira Baxter" <idbaxter@semdesigns.com>
Subject: Re: Building documentation from comments
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:17:06 -0600
Date: 2002-11-06T09:17:06-06:00	[thread overview]

"Victor Porton" <porton@ex-code.com> wrote in message
news:3dc8d6e1$0$301$bed64819@news.gradwell.net...

>  I want hyper-cross-referenced
> (and desirably pretty printed Ada) source, while FunnelWeb does not
> "know" Ada.

I think you'd be very interested in an Ada analogue to
our Java Browser, which combines JavaDoc + "hyper cross referenced" Java.
See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Formatters/JavaHTMLizer.html.
The cross references are accurate according to the language scoping rules,
not just "string match", so this is really useful on big systems.

You are right, to do this, you ideally need a tool that "knows" Ada in the
sense
of being able to resolve symbols the same way as the Ada compiler does.
While we have full Ada parsers, we do not yet have Ada symbol table
information.    We could certainly build it with enough encouragement.

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO   512-250-1018
Semantic Designs, Inc.      www.semdesigns.com