From: "Ira Baxter" <idbaxter@semdesigns.com>
Subject: Re: Building documentation from comments
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 19:30:37 -0600
Date: 2002-11-05T19:30:37-06:00	[thread overview]

The DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit is generalized
compiler technology for parsing/analyzing/transforming/prettyprinting
many source languages, including Ada.
See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.

It could be very easily configured to extract arbitrary information
from Ada comments.  Its Ada83/95 parser builds a full
syntax tree decorated with the comment text.  Walking
over the tree can visit all the comments, what you do with
them after than can be arbitrary.

A "trivial"  application is to print the source code,
with the comments, nicely formatted.
See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Formatters/AdaFormatterExample.html.

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO   512-250-1018
Semantic Designs, Inc.      www.semdesigns.com