From: dshochat@kaiwan009.kaiwan.com (David D. Shochat)
Subject: ada-mode problems
Date: 20 Dec 1994 09:50:08 -0800
Date: 1994-12-20T09:50:08-08:00	[thread overview]

I too am having trouble with ada-mode. I have:
GNAT 2.0 on Solaris 2.3
emacs 19.28
ada-mode 2.8 from cs.nyu.edu /pub/gnat
I'm using the sample .emacs from the manual essentially
unchanged (except for loading the .el files from the
directory where I unloaded the tar file).

Some things do seem to work (e.g. indentation). But when I try to
use the compile command from the Ada menu, I just get a "make -k"
prompt in the minibuffer. I tried changing it to gcc -c, but then
it didn't insert the file name. The manual claims there's a variable
compilation-insert-name which is presumably set to t by default,
but when I searched compile.el, there was no such variable. Also,
it is undefined.

Another problem: ada-auto-case is set to t, but I can't seem to
get it to change case "as I type". The buffer is definitely in
Ada mode (says Ada at the bottom, Ada menu appears).

I suppose I need to learn a lot more about emacs to resolve
all of this, but I'd appreciate any help.

David Shochat  dshochat@logicon.com