From: "Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz" <spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid>
Subject: Re: Shell Central
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 02:21:10 -0400
Date: 2002-09-04T02:21:10-04:00	[thread overview]

In <al3pt6$7ph$1@panix3.panix.com>, on 09/03/2002
   at 10:07 PM, jbrock@panix.com (John Brock) said:

>Can you give us some examples?

The ones that seem to cause the most confusion are abutment, CALL,
SIGNAL and uninitialized variables.

>What mistakes could have been
>corrected, and how might REXX have been improved by being less
>different from PL/1 than it is.

IMHO it would have been cleaner to carry over the control structures
of PL/I intact.

Where I may trigger a flame war is that I like abutment and the
ability to use uninitialized variables as though they were constants
of the (upper case) same value as the name. I consider them to be
reasonable differences, despite the confusion. Others consider them to
be bad form. "NOVALUE" suggests that I may be in the minority.

     Atid/2, Team OS/2, Team PL/I

Any unsolicited commercial junk E-mail will be subject to legal
action.  I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any
abusive E-mail.

I mangled my E-mail address to foil automated spammers; reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org