From: john.nospam@nospamassen.nospamdemon.co.uk (John McCabe)
Subject: Re: Please suggest a good book on ADA 95 ++
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:36:20 GMT
Date: 2002-08-30T09:36:20+00:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:58:32 GMT, "Likhith" <areekkal_2002@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Can someone suggest a good book on ADA 95 for me, please.

Have you had a look at previous versions of this question on Google
groups? (See http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en,
enter comp.lang.ada in the newsgroups box and search for "book" and
"recommend"). Actually, just try:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=recommend%20book&safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_ugroup=comp.lang.ada&lr=&hl=en

There were 375 matches when I just did it!

By the way, it's Ada, not ADA (ADA is, for one, the Americans with
Disabilities Act - which isn't very appropriate!).

>Here is a bit about myself which may help you decide which book(s) will be
>good for me.

>I have a B.Sc in Computer Science from Brock University, Canada. I also have
>a three year Diploma in Computer Hardware Engineering.

Ok then - get "Ada as a second language" by Norman Cohen. See:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0070116075/qid=1030699741/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-5220931-2002548?v=glance&s=books

Alternatively, if you look at:

http://www.adaic.org/free/freebook.html

You might find something useful.

Look at http://www.adapower.com/ - there's loads of information.

>Please let me know whatever information ou may be having regarding the books
>and compiler.

You really should be looking at the archives on Google groups for
these answers because the questions have all been asked many, many
times before, but I hope my suggestions are of use.