* Conditional Compilation ?
@ 2002-08-29 14:06 Joe Simon
From: Joe Simon @ 2002-08-29 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are currently using the

VADS Ada Compiler, Copyright 1984, 1996
VADSworks Sun Sparc Solaris 2.x -> PowerPC, Version 3.1 for VxWorks 5.3

What I would like to do is a port of the software to a linux platform
and
use the gnat platform to compile (not cross compile).

My question is about conditional compilation,

we have many instances of the following code

# if xxxx_MISSION'defined and then xxxx_MISSION then
      Mission_Planner_Data  : Tct.Act_Mission_Planning_Type;
# end if;

Does gnat have conditional compilation of this form built in, or is
there
some other tool that will accomplish this ?

TIA
Joe Simon
Lockheed Martin, Systems Integration, Owego, NY

* Re: Conditional Compilation ?
@ 2002-08-29 14:23 ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 2002-08-29 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Joe Simon" <jb.simon@lmco.nospammmmmm.com> wrote in message
> Does gnat have conditional compilation of this form built in, or is
> there some other tool that will accomplish this ?

GNAT does have a preprocessor. I have never used it so I cannot say
much about it.

* Nevermind, Found it
@ 2002-08-29 14:54   ` Joe Simon
From: Joe Simon @ 2002-08-29 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pat Rogers wrote:

> "Joe Simon" <jb.simon@lmco.nospammmmmm.com> wrote in message
> > Does gnat have conditional compilation of this form built in, or is
> > there some other tool that will accomplish this ?
>
> GNAT does have a preprocessor. I have never used it so I cannot say
> much about it.

Thanks,

I just found it, gnatprep.

Works perfectly with my code.

Joe Simon

* Re: Nevermind, Found it
@ 2002-08-29 22:24     ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2002-08-29 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe,

What are your feelings, please, about the use of a preprocessor with Ada
code? Your opinion much appreciated.

--
Nick Roberts