From: Shark8 <onewingedshark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: execute external shell program and process the output line by line
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 07:26:46 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2019-10-18T07:26:46-07:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 6:25:28 AM UTC-6, devosa...@gmail.com wrote:
> I need the call a process like "ls",
> And process the output line by line.
> So it is not sufficient if i have the return code success or error.

Aside from the direct-advice others have given, allow me to give some indirect advice: be sure that you really *need* this design.

In my experience, that sort of design is usually from some horribly cobbled-together Unix/Linux system which would be much better fully implemented within your actual Ada program.

A similar thing often happens with medium/large PHP applications, where the standard solution is to use a cron-job to fire periodic scripts, which is wholly unnecessary in Ada because of (a) the presence of timed, cyclic tasks, and (b) the lack of PHP's non-persistence.

In-short, it's best not to cobble together things like you're trying to do if you can avoid doing so: you'll lose a lot of important properties, like types and their constraints.