* GNAT-2.00 for FreeBSD 1.1.5, NetBSD and BSDI386 available
@ 1994-12-15  9:38 Cornelis van der Laan
From: Cornelis van der Laan @ 1994-12-15  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have built gnat-2.00 on FreeBSD 1.1.5 using static linking for NetBSD
and make the binaries available on

ftp.ims.uni-stuttgart.de:/pub/unix/FreeBSD/gnat-2.00.netbsd-static.tar.gz

The included binaries run on FreeBSD, NetBSD and (purportedly) BSDI
systems and allow you to rebuild your own gnat binaries using sources
of gcc-2.6.2 and gnat-2.00 (the latter being available from
cs.nyu.edu:/pub/gnat).

Note: to use gnat, you have to set your path such that it includes
      /usr/local/GNU/bin _before_ /usr/bin. The binder utility gnatbl
      invokes gcc and if it uses /usr/bin/gcc it will try to link
      with the wrong /usr/lib/libgcc.a library.

Nils

PS: If there's interest, I can make available copies of the scanner
    generator aflex and the parser generator ayacc ported to gnat-2.00.
    Please mail me for more information.

Cornelis van der Laan -- nils@ims.uni-stuttgart.de
                      -- nils@guru.stgt.sub.org
# echo Knusper Knusper Knaeuschen > /etc/nologin
Cornelis van der Laan -- nils@ims.uni-stuttgart.de
                      -- nils@guru.stgt.sub.org
# echo Knusper Knusper Knaeuschen > /etc/nologin

* Re: GNAT-2.00 for FreeBSD 1.1.5, NetBSD and BSDI386 available
@ 1994-12-16 18:46 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1994-12-16 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <NILS.94Dec13020151@guru.stgt.sub.org>,
Cornelis van der Laan <nils@ims.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

>PS: If there's interest, I can make available copies of the scanner
>    generator aflex and the parser generator ayacc ported to gnat-2.00.
>    Please mail me for more information.

You should send these to the PAL for distribution! Good contribution!

Mike Feldman

* Re: GNAT-2.00 for FreeBSD 1.1.5, NetBSD and BSDI386 available
@ 1994-12-17 15:08   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1994-12-17 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are also starting a contrib directory at nyu, specifically for software
that is GNAT compatible, so by all means let us know where it is too.