* GUI's For GNAT...
@ 1994-12-12 20:19 Mike Gardner
From: Mike Gardner @ 1994-12-12 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am using the GNAT 2.0 OS/2 system to develop my software model.  I am
now ready to "tie" a GUI interface to this model and have not seen too
many threads on GUI's here...  I would like to find X based ones, but am
interested in porting to Windows and Mac.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?  If worst came to worst, I could buy a commercial
compiler for each platform, since Ada is so portable...  But I'd like
to write the graphical interface only once if possible...

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Mike

* Re: GUI's For GNAT...
@ 1994-12-13 11:40 ` WLawton
From: WLawton @ 1994-12-13 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3cib8f$6p3@news1.cle.ab.com>, mjgardne@pulsar.cle.ab.com (Mike
Gardner) writes:

>I am using the GNAT 2.0 OS/2 system to develop my software model.  I am
>now ready to "tie" a GUI interface to this model and have not seen too
>many threads on GUI's here...  I would like to find X based ones, but am
>interested in porting to Windows and Mac.

You might give the good poeple at Objective Interface Systems a call.
I've been using their Screen Machine product for some time now and have
been satisfied with the performance.  Phil Carasco or Bill Beckwith can
probably help you out.  They are currently completing a GNAT port, and are
working on a version supporting both CORBA and FRESCO.

Telephone is (703) 264-1900

Snail Mail is
1895 Preston White Drive
Suite 250
Reston, VA 22091-5448

Regards,
Wayne R. Lawton

* Re: GUI's For GNAT...
@ 1994-12-19 13:37 ` Jack Beidler
From: Jack Beidler @ 1994-12-19 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3cib8f$6p3@news1.cle.ab.com>, mjgardne@pulsar.cle.ab.com (Mike Gardner) writes:
|> Hello,
|>
|> I am using the GNAT 2.0 OS/2 system to develop my software model.  I am
|> now ready to "tie" a GUI interface to this model and have not seen too
|> many threads on GUI's here...  I would like to find X based ones, but am
|> interested in porting to Windows and Mac.  Does anyone have any
|> suggestions?  If worst came to worst, I could buy a commercial
|> compiler for each platform, since Ada is so portable...  But I'd like
|> to write the graphical interface only once if possible...
|>
|> Any ideas??
|>
|> Thanks in advance,
|>
|> Mike

I have a GUI interface in Windows 3.11, ALMOST.  My problem is
that I am a bit constrained with only 12MB of RAM.  I am trying to
find a set of PIF setting for the DOSPROMPT that allows me to run
gnat from a dos window.  I seemed to have encountered some problems
between Windows memory management and DJGPP's memory management.
I might be that my problem is my 12MB of memory.  Time to by
another 4MB?

I plan to control the DOS window from a GUI that has been built
using Visual Basic v.3 (not your grandfathers old Basic).
--
|John (Jack) Beidler                    ++   beidler@cs.uofs.edu  |