From: "Kai Schuelke" <kai.schuelke@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: why does this work?  private new types.
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 19:05:45 +0200
Date: 2002-05-09T19:05:45+02:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

I am new to this newsgroup, and to ada, too. I read trough the latest
news to find something to learn and got the following:

> >       type table is new tables.hash_table;
[..]
> When you derive a type, all derived operations are declared *at the
point of derivation*.
> Therefore, the Insert for Table is declared immediately inside your
package, and thus directly visible.

Does that mean that INSERT is an Operation like "+" or "mod"? Or is
INSERT just a normal procedure? I can't imagine the last, but I never
heard/read about an INSERT Operator, either. It would be nice is
somebody could answer that question.

Thanks

Kai Schuelke