* Sinclair Spectrum - what everyone wants?
@ 2002-05-07 12:34 Nick Harris
From: Nick Harris @ 2002-05-07 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have 2 Sinclair Spectrum Computers for sale - they desperately need a good
home. Anyone interested?

* Re: Sinclair Spectrum - what everyone wants?
@ 2002-05-07 20:01 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-05-07 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Nick Harris" <nick.j.harris@baesystems.com> writes:

> I have 2 Sinclair Spectrum Computers for sale - they desperately need a good
> home. Anyone interested?

Are you willing to port GNAT to it ?

Pascal.

--|

* Re: Sinclair Spectrum - what everyone wants?
@ 2002-05-08  2:06   ` Robert R. Beaver
From: Robert R. Beaver @ 2002-05-08  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry wrote:
> "Nick Harris" <nick.j.harris@baesystems.com> writes:
>

>>I have 2 Sinclair Spectrum Computers for sale - they desperately need a good
>>home. Anyone interested?
>>

> Are you willing to port GNAT to it ?
>
> Pascal.

I vagly recall An ada that compiled to forth source in some magazine way
back in the 80's.  or something like that. I forget what magazine it was
and what it realy did.

* Re: Sinclair Spectrum - what everyone wants?
@ 2002-05-08  3:49 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-05-08  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Nick Harris" <nick.j.harris@baesystems.com> wrote in message news:<3cd7c9dd$1@pull.gecm.com>...
> I have 2 Sinclair Spectrum Computers for sale - they desperately need a good
> home. Anyone interested?

The value of these (judging from ebay auctions) is about $10, and the interest
level in anyone in the US buying them seems to be zero). Of course if someone
ported GNAT .... :-)

* Re: Sinclair Spectrum - what everyone wants?
@ 2002-05-08  5:50   ` Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2002-05-08  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Dewar wrote:

> "Nick Harris" <nick.j.harris@baesystems.com> wrote in message news:<3cd7c9dd$1@pull.gecm.com>...
>
>>I have 2 Sinclair Spectrum Computers for sale - they desperately need a good
>>home. Anyone interested?
>>

> The value of these (judging from ebay auctions) is about $10, and the interest
> level in anyone in the US buying them seems to be zero). Of course if someone
> ported GNAT .... :-)

I was given a Sinclair Spectrum in the mid 80s and I am willing to
give away for free if someone is interested (of course, shipping is
not bore by me.) :) I don't know if the unit is still working 'cos I
don't have the power cord and monitor. :(

But I think, it stiill makes a pretty nice antique piece. :) (I don't
have enough room for antique items and have no interest at all)
--
Remove *nospam* to email.              -- Adrian Hoe
                                        -- http://adrianhoe.com