From: cj.green@worldnet.att.net (Christopher Green)
Subject: Re: Ada / Motif Binding Question
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 06:28:11 GMT
Date: 2002-04-26T06:28:11+00:00	[thread overview]

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:08:48 GMT, "Tony Yu" <tonyyu99@attbi.com>
wrote:

>"Ted Dennison" <dennison@telepath.com> wrote in message
>>
>> You didn't say what Motif bindings you are using. There's no one
>> standard set that comes with every compiler (which makes sense, as Win32
>> compilers don't typically have Motif around to bind to).
>I believe I am using the AXI bindings.  For the most part, I've seen legacy
>STARS packages referenced.  Not sure if they are the same.

I do AXI support for ATC, and that looks like the STARS dialect of
AXI.

A 'pragma Export' or 'pragma Convention' on Exit_Option would be
needed on many hosts. Otherwise, Ada stack-checking code gets confused
when it encounters a non-Ada stack frame.

It can also be the case that you're running on a task stack or a
thread stack that really is too small or cluttered to allocate your
string.

A more difficult example of this is when you use threads with an Ada
runtime that wasn't written to use threads. The thread stack is not
where the Ada runtime thinks the stack is, and any Ada code you call
raises Storage_Error.

If you have more difficulties than can be solved by supplying the
right pragma and making sure your stack is large enough, write us at
support@atc.com.

--
Chris Green