* Interfacing to Fingerprint technology from Ada.
@ 2002-04-12 23:02 Beard, Frank [Contractor]
From: Beard, Frank [Contractor] @ 2002-04-12 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a potential need to interface with a fingerprint device from within
Ada.
 Has anyone else tried this?  Are there any that give you API control of the

device?  I need to be able to tell the scanner to take the print and then
store it or compare it to one on file.

Thanks
Frank

* Re: Interfacing to Fingerprint technology from Ada.
@ 2002-04-12 23:31 ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2002-04-12 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a COM interface (As in Component Object Model, not
Communication/"RS-232") available?
If so, use www.adapower.com/com  to generate bindings.

@ 2002-04-12 23:48 Beard, Frank [Contractor]
From: Beard, Frank [Contractor] @ 2002-04-12 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

We don't even have the hardware yet.  I didn't make that
very clear.  I'm looking for good/reasonably-priced hardware
that has a decent API for controlling it.

@ 2002-04-17  1:57 ` Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2002-04-17  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Beard, Frank [Contractor]" wrote:

> I have a potential need to interface with a fingerprint device from within
> Ada.
>  Has anyone else tried this?  Are there any that give you API control of the
>
> device?  I need to be able to tell the scanner to take the print and then
> store it or compare it to one on file.
>
> Thanks
> Frank

Hi Frank,

I have written an POSIX interface with a fingerprint device for my
company. The device is FG60 from Startek, Taiwan.

I actually almost started a project writing an POSIX interface for
Startek's more advance model FCP-101 which can store fingerprints
locally or on remote server. My project never took off because the
company interest had shifted.

Email me if you are interested.
--
Remove *nospam* to email.              -- Adrian Hoe
                                       -- http://adrianhoe.com

* Re: Interfacing to Fingerprint technology from Ada.
@ 2002-04-17 10:55 ` Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2002-04-17 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Beard, Frank [Contractor]" wrote:

> We don't even have the hardware yet.  I didn't make that
> very clear.  I'm looking for good/reasonably-priced hardware
> that has a decent API for controlling it.

FCP-101 is nice piece of hardware. About the size of the match box. Good
for building embedded device or standalone device. Url:
http://www.startek-eng.com

Startek has promised to deliver new device but seems like it is not
going to happen at this moment.