From: Gautier write-only address <gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ann: HAC v.0.085
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 02:53:40 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

> It did function at my first attempt on my raspberry pi :-)

Gr8 !

> Maybe too early to ask, but is there an overview of what is implemented and not implemented?

Not too early at all! Here is an excerpt of doc/hac.txt which summarizes the current subset supported:

  - You can define your own data types: enumerations, records, arrays
      (and every combination of records and arrays).
  - Only constrained types are supported (unconstrained types are
      Ada-only types and not in the "Pascal subset" anyway).
  - The "String" type (unconstrained) is implemented in a very limited
      way. So far you can only define fixed-sized constants,
      variables, types, record fields with it, like:
        Digitz : constant String (1..10) := "0123456789";
      ... output them with Put, Put_Line, do comparisons and
      concatenations with expressions of the VString variable-length
      string type.
      For general string manipulation, the most practical way with
      the current versions of HAC is to use the VString's.
  - There are no pointers (access types) and nor heap allocation,
      but you will be surprised how far you can go without pointers!
  - Subprograms names cannot be overloaded, although some *predefined*
      subprograms, including operators, of the Standard or the
      HAC_Pack package, are overloaded many times, like
      "Put", "Get", "+", "&", ...
  - Programmable modularity (packages or subprograms that you
      can "with") is not yet implemented.
  - Generics are not yet implemented.
  - Tasks are implemented, but not working yet.
  - Small parts of the standard Ada library are available through
      the HAC_Pack package. You can see the currently available
      items in the specification, src/hac_pack.ads .

To get a "tangible" idea, you can look at the examples in the "exm" directory (run ../hac gallery.adb for a show), and the "exm/aoc/2020" directory.
There is also stuff in "test", but programs there are not meaningful.

> Detail: all procedures need "with hac_pack; use hac_pack;" ?

So far, yes. When modularity is implemented it will change...