* Ada Distilled
@ 2002-02-22  4:40 Richard Riehle
From: Richard Riehle @ 2002-02-22  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

A new PDF version of Ada Distilled is now available on several
websites.

         http://www.adaic.org/docs/distilled/adadistilled.pdf

         http://www.adapower.com

and

         Jack Gansle has asked permission to include it on his web site.

The new versions has a lot of corrections based on input from you, the
Ada community.   Among the most diligent of reviewers was Jack
Thornley.

You may copy it, distribute it, use it in your lavatory, line the cat
box
with it, or use it in any other way you wish.

I have been asked to produce an HTML version.   That is under
consideration.
My priorities are to translate it into Spanish, French, German, and
Japanese
first.   I am making some headway on the Spanish version, but may decide

to postpone that to get the German version done first.  No timetable for
the
translated versions.   If anyone else wants to translate it into another

language, please go ahead.

Richard Riehle

* Re: Ada Distilled
@ 2002-02-22 15:47 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2002-02-22 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Riehle wrote:

> A new PDF version of Ada Distilled is now available on several
> websites.
>
>          Jack Gansle has asked permission to include it on his web site.

Is this the Jack Ganssle who writes the column for ESP? If so, this is
good news.

--
Jeffrey Carter

* Re: Ada Distilled
@ 2002-02-22 16:35   ` Richard Riehle
From: Richard Riehle @ 2002-02-22 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> Richard Riehle wrote:
> >
> > A new PDF version of Ada Distilled is now available on several
> > websites.
> >
> >          Jack Gansle has asked permission to include it on his web site.
>
> Is this the Jack Ganssle who writes the column for ESP? If so, this is
> good news.
>
> --
> Jeffrey Carter

Yes. Jack Ganssle is an intelligent and thoughtful practitioner of embedded
systems
software development.   He recognizes the benefits of Ada for many kinds of
applications.    Jack and I have been corresponding about Ada because he has
been wondering why it has not been more widely adopted, given what he sees
as its benefits.    He agrees that it could be more popular if developers knew

the facts instead of the rumors so he  asked if he might be allowed to
include Ada Distilled on his web site. I, of course, gave him the go-ahead to
do so.

Richard Riehle

* Re: Ada Distilled
@ 2002-02-26  1:05     ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2002-02-26  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com> strongly typed:
>Jeffrey Carter wrote:
>> Is this the Jack Ganssle who writes the column for ESP? If so, this is
>> good news.
>Yes. Jack Ganssle is an intelligent and thoughtful practitioner of embedded
>systems software development. ... I, of course, gave him the go-ahead to
>do so.
Excellent!
--
Nick Roberts