From: john.mccabe@emrad.ns.com (John McCabe)
Subject: Re: reading from a file
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:23:33 GMT
Date: 2002-02-25T17:23:33+00:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:08:01 -0000, "Deepie"
<deepie@no-spam.ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am currently writing a program from which i need to read in from a file.
>
>When trying to read from the file using a command such as Skip_Line(F), F
>being the file handle, i generate an 'invalid parameter in use' error.
>
>things like Get_Line(F, name, length) dont work either. am i missing
>something here?

This sounds like something very obvious is wrong - give us an example
and (if you're not trying to get us to do your homework), you'll
probably get a reasonable answer. A few questions:

1) What is 'F' defined as?
2) What type of file-io are you using?
3) Have you opened the file for reading?

etc.