From: ucaa2385@iris2.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de (Peter Hermann)
Subject: Re: GNAT problem: Hello World
Date: 8 Dec 1994 09:44:22 GMT
Date: 1994-12-08T09:44:22+00:00	[thread overview]

W ALI (W.Ali1@bradford.ac.uk) wrote:
: Jacob Sparre Andersen (sparre@meyer.fys.ku.dk) wrote:
: : I've got a problem with GNAT-1.83-DOS (just downloaded from ftp.cdrom.com
: : yesterday):

: : The Hello.adb example freezes the computer when I try
: : to run it. It seems to compile and link fine.

: : Could somebody please help me (or point me to some help).

: I'm having exactly the same problem too !

: I've even tried typing a short program myself, but this tells me that the
: program is too big for memory.  This is impossible as it is only a few
: lines long.  Anybody ?

some time ago I posted the remedy but this obviously did not arrive.
So, once again the remedy:

Maybe some of the problems can be removed for some
by looking at my compile-link-go - file I produced
yesterday evening after getting angry about myself
having forgotten to apply the @#*% "coff2exe" step:

begin of contents of command file clg.bat on MSDOS6.2 :
gcc -c %1.adb
gnatbl -o %1 %1.ali
coff2exe %1
%1
end   of contents of command file clg.bat on MSDOS6.2

I am using this multistep with one parameter
(where tst is the unit name AND the filename(part) ):

   clg tst

When I have other packages to "with"
I compile them (first) separately with e.g.:
   gcc -c tstpak.ads
and
   gcc -c tstpak.adb
and then finally compile, link, go with
   clg tst

The good news: it works :-)
The bad news: It's nowhere documented (at least
              not inlined the cookbook recipes ;-)

--
Peter Hermann  Tel:+49-711-685-3611 Fax:3758 ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Pfaffenwaldring 27, 70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen