* Help: compile ASIS to java bytecode
@ 2002-02-16  2:56 Bin Chen
From: Bin Chen @ 2002-02-16  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am trying to use jgnat to compile ASIS-for-gnat
into java bytecode. I used "jgnatmake install_asis.adb".
when compiling asis.compilation_units.adb,
jgnat reported "a gnat bug".

Does anyone here have ideas? Thank you very much.

Bin

* Re: Help: compile ASIS to java bytecode
@ 2002-02-16  5:18 ` tmoran
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: tmoran @ 2002-02-16  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

>jgnat reported "a gnat bug".
>
>Does anyone here have ideas? Thank you very much.
  Report the bug?

* Re: Help: compile ASIS to java bytecode
@ 2002-02-16 13:47 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2002-02-16 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bin Chen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use jgnat to compile ASIS-for-gnat
> into java bytecode. I used "jgnatmake install_asis.adb".
> when compiling asis.compilation_units.adb,
> jgnat reported "a gnat bug".
>
> Does anyone here have ideas? Thank you very much.

You may want join the ASIS mailing list and mention this problem there.
Information on how to join the list is at:

http://www.acm.org/sigada/WG/asiswg/#Participation

Also, assuming you're using JGNAT 1.1p, it has a number of known bugs
and idiosyncrasies, so it doesn't surprise me that there would be
problems.  I have heard, though, from supported users that the supported
version of JGNAT is much better; but have heard nothing regarding there
being another public release of it.

Marc A. Criley
Consultant
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com

* Re: Help: compile ASIS to java bytecode
@ 2002-02-16 14:01 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2002-02-16 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Bin Chen" <chenbin@cs.umass.edu> writes:

> I am trying to use jgnat to compile ASIS-for-gnat
> into java bytecode. I used "jgnatmake install_asis.adb".
> when compiling asis.compilation_units.adb,
> jgnat reported "a gnat bug".

I would be supposed if this really worked.  The GNAT ASIS
implementation loads a host-dependent tree file generated by the
compiler just before code generation starts, and I doubt that you can
simply read this tree file using JGNAT because fundamental data types
do not match.

* Re: compile ASIS to java bytecode
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-02-17 17:59 ` Bin Chen