From: Jean-Marc Bourguet <jm@bourguet.org>
Subject: Re: Multitasking doesn't work under linux?
Date: 15 Feb 2002 17:57:34 +0100
Date: 2002-02-15T17:57:34+01:00	[thread overview]

"Nazgul" <darkelf@aim.homelinux.com> writes:

> Hi, I have a program in Ada, it's a server that listens for connections on a
> specified port, and when a connection is estabilished, it creates a new task
> to attend that conneciont.

I assume your runtime is using the FSU threads and not the native
threads.  Using the FSU has the advantage of been fully conformant,
but at the price that blocking a task did block all of them.  Native
threads  where not conformant in some more or less corner cases, but
when a task block, the other could run.

I think that with 3.14, the native thread runtime is fully
conformant as it had become the default.

You can change the runtime by changing some links. See the
installation instruction.

Yours,

--
Jean-Marc