From: nickroberts@ukf.net (Nick Roberts)
Subject: Re: To_Unbounded_String and PROGRAM_ERROR
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:32:20 GMT
Date: 2002-02-14T00:32:20+00:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:53:42 +0100, Michal Nowikowski
<godfryd@zamek.gda.pl> strongly typed:

>On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:11:02 +0100, Ted Dennison wrote:
>
>> Also, does this code happen to be in a task? Some compilers keep
>> separate heaps for each task, typically with a much smaller default size
>> than the main task gets.
>
>Now I see that it is problem with allocating memory.Can I expand
>available memory or can I check how much free memory left. How can
>I manage with limitation of dynamic allocation???

I can give a little general advice.

See if you can change the program so that it uses less memory (but still
does its job properly). This is most likely to be the solution to your
problem.

Is your program running out of heap space (things allocated by 'new') or
stack space (everything else)? It might help to use less of one and more of
another.

How much RAM does your machine have? Check it is realistically enough. Does
your system provide virtual memory? Maybe it would help to enable this, or
to increase the amount.

--
Nick Roberts