From: l107353@cliffy.lfwc.lockheed.com (Garlington KE)
Subject: Re: Is DoD simulation ignoring using Ada?????
Date: 7 Dec 1994 22:50:05 GMT
Date: 1994-12-07T22:50:05+00:00	[thread overview]

Gregory Aharonian (srctran@world.std.com) wrote:

:      To what extent are DoD modelling and simulation efforts being encouraged
: to do their work in Ada?

On the F-22, not only are new simulations being written in Ada, but some
existing FORTRAN ones are being converted for LCSS reasons.

I remember getting a STARS briefing on megapriogramming a long time ago. The
speaker urged us to get more involved with STARTS so that, for example,
we could build an airplane that integrated flight control and avionics.
We broke his heart when we described the AFTI program back in the early 80's.

Seems like STARS hasn't changed much with respect to its relevance to the
practitioners...

Ken Garlington                  GarlingtonKE@lfwc.lockheed.com
F-22 Computer Resources         Lockheed Fort Worth Co.

If LFWC or the F-22 program has any opinions, they aren't telling me.