From: "Dan'l Miller" <optikos@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: FYI - ACATS test results for GCC 8.1.1 (mingw)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 12:03:12 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2018-06-20T12:03:12-07:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 8:16:53 AM UTC-5, Simon Wright wrote:
> Note that I should maybe categorise some of the tests as XFAIL (expected
> to fail), e.g. cxag003, so that when the bug is corrected it will show
> up as an XPASS (wasn't expected to pass).

No, please don't do that.  That would be incredibly confusing.  A long-term bug is still a bug.  (A deviance from the _LRM_ is still a bug, even if Robert Dewar coded it himself in 1993 and GNAT has stated officially that the sun will burn out before they fix it.)  Just because we expect a bug to be there long-term, doesn't mean that that test-case should cover up the bug to cook the books to make it look good.