From: heiser@bu.edu (Bill Heiser)
Subject: Re: Using procedures
Date: 6 Dec 1994 19:02:51 GMT
Date: 1994-12-06T19:02:51+00:00	[thread overview]

Bob Wells #402 (wel@EUROCONTROL.DE) wrote:
: "Bennett, Chip (KTR) ~U" <BennettC@J64.STRATCOM.AF.MIL> writes ...

: G'day,
: I thought we decided on a previous thread that this wasn't actually "cheating"
: but actually a good example of code reuse!
: Bob W. (-:

In my case, I wasn't even asking for code to solve a whole
problem.   I just needed a push in the right direction.
Several people *did* send code fragments, but I just took
the ideas and wrote my own actual code.  I see nothing wrong
with that .. .in fact I think it is the way one learns.
Fumbling around doing something that either doesn't work or
is done completely incorrectly doesn't teach a person the
right way to do things.
: BTW Bill H. did you get any responses providing solutions yet?

Yes - several people sent excellent replies by email.
I will post a summary shortly.  Thanks.

--
Bill Heiser    heiser@acs.bu.edu, heiser@world.std.com
               Boston University, Boston MA