From: lance@cais.cais.com (Lance Kibblewhite)
Subject: Re: In search of Set/Get Variable reference tool
Date: 6 Dec 1994 18:36:04 GMT
Date: 1994-12-06T18:36:04+00:00	[thread overview]

Mike Winslow (Mike_Winslow@dayton.saic.com) wrote:

:   Is anyone familiar with a tool to build a table of variables used in
: an Ada program, annotated with info on 1) which module(s) *write* each
: variable, and (2) which module(s) *read* it??

:   Ideally, this tool would run on a SPARC SunOS 4.1.3 environment, but
: VMS and Solaris 2.3 are also possibilities. I have looked at the
: documentation on the XREF tool bundled with GNAT, and it might provide
: what I'm after (I have not actually seen the output of XREF). However,
: XREF requires pretty strict naming conventions that run contrary to the
: conventions used with the (large amounts of) legacy software I will need
: to run this tool on. I would prefer to see if there's a better tool out
: there before investing the time needed to make our software fit the
: GNAT naming conventions.

:   We are using the SunAda 1.1 compiler under SunOS 4.1.3. Email or
: posted responses will be gratefully accepted.

Since you say VMS is a possibility, I think you will find that SCA will
do this for you, as well as many other similiar types of report.

-- Lance.