* TEST MESSAGE--PLEASE REPLY
@ 2001-12-18 20:01 Steven D. Litvintchouk
From: Steven D. Litvintchouk @ 2001-12-18 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is a test message to check a problem with our server.
If you see this message, please reply.

Thanks in advance.

--
Steven D. Litvintchouk
Email:  sdl@mitre.org

* Re: TEST MESSAGE--PLEASE REPLY
@ 2001-12-18 20:07 ` Thaddeus L Olczyk
From: Thaddeus L Olczyk @ 2001-12-18 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:01:00 -0500, "Steven D. Litvintchouk"
<sdl@mitre.org> wrote:

>This is a test message to check a problem with our server.
>If you see this message, please reply.
>
>Thanks in advance.
I'm sorry but I don't see your message.

* Re: TEST MESSAGE--PLEASE REPLY
@ 2001-12-19 13:24   ` Graham Perkins
From: Graham Perkins @ 2001-12-19 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thaddeus L Olczyk wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:01:00 -0500, "Steven D. Litvintchouk"
> <sdl@mitre.org> wrote:
>
> >This is a test message to check a problem with our server.
> >If you see this message, please reply.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
> I'm sorry but I don't see your message.

Oh come on, Thaddeus!  You can do better than that!
A blistering response on his stupidity at not using
alt.test would be entirely justified.

-------------+ http:/www.gperkins.co.uk/

* Re: TEST MESSAGE--PLEASE REPLY
@ 2001-12-19 18:21     ` Steven D. Litvintchouk
From: Steven D. Litvintchouk @ 2001-12-19 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graham Perkins wrote:

> Thaddeus L Olczyk wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:01:00 -0500, "Steven D. Litvintchouk"
> > <sdl@mitre.org> wrote:
> >
> > >This is a test message to check a problem with our server.
> > >If you see this message, please reply.
> > >
> > >Thanks in advance.
> > I'm sorry but I don't see your message.
>
> Oh come on, Thaddeus!  You can do better than that!
> A blistering response on his stupidity at not using
> alt.test would be entirely justified.

I did use the *.test newsgroups,
but the server problem we've been having has been occurring only with
certain newsgroups and not others, and only intermittently--some kind of
problem with a few of our upstream feeds.

--

@ 2001-12-19 20:51     ` Wes Groleau
From: Wes Groleau @ 2001-12-19 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Oh come on, Thaddeus!  You can do better than that!
> A blistering response on his stupidity at not using
> alt.test would be entirely justified.

How would he get any replies from alt.test?

--
Wes Groleau
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~wgroleau

* Re: TEST MESSAGE--PLEASE REPLY
@ 2001-12-19 22:12       ` Universe
From: Universe @ 2001-12-19 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

In comp.object Wes Groleau <wesgroleau@spamcop.net> wrote:

>> Oh come on, Thaddeus!  You can do better than that!
>> A blistering response on his stupidity at not using
>> alt.test would be entirely justified.
>
> How would he get any replies from alt.test?

People look for their successful posting and would see:

***  PLEASE RESPOND!  ****

or similar