From: "Thierry BERNIER" <tajz@free.fr>
Subject: Constant elaboration order
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:59:02 +0100
Date: 2001-11-30T22:57:53+01:00	[thread overview]

Bonjour,

From those who learn the RM each evening before sleep, I would like to know
if I can assert that elaboration order is always the same for a given
executable.
It seems clearly true for GNAT when you read the binder generated startup
code (b~foo.adb), but what about the law ?

An interesting advice I found is following, but it does not answer (and is
only an advice).

--
Thierry Bernier:

RM95-10.2.1(12) says :
In an implementation, a type declared in a preelaborated package should have
the same representation in every elaboration of a given version of the
package, whether the elaborations occur in distinct executions of the same
program, or in executions of distinct programs or partitions that include
the given version.