From: daver@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (Dave Retherford)
Subject: Re: Robert Dewar's horrible posts
Date: 3 Dec 1994 23:40:14 -0600
Date: 1994-12-03T23:40:14-06:00	[thread overview]

In article <199412031821.LAA27900@hops.entertain.com>,
Colin James III  <cjames@HOPS.ENTERTAIN.COM> wrote:

> This sort of public vomit hurts the Ada cause;  it reveals Robert Dewar as
                      ^
                      Wow! What a witty statement.

> undignified and his true colors as a ravenous Internet demon preying upon
> casual posters.  Dewar accounts for about 30% of all posts to comp.lang.ada,
                                            ^
                                            Wrong.  Absolutely wrong!
Its only 29.8365442345, at least according to my Pentium.

> and the content of his posts are *always* to show he is superior as the
> respondor to the respondee.  Aside from my embarrassment that Dewar's
> (misplaced) last name gives Scots a bad name (I certainly do not claim him
> as a clansman, aye, much less an irreligious academic), I am reminded of the
> saying "jealousy is the homage that inferiority pays to merit".  What
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^
                                      At this point I can just imagine
how _you_ must feel.

> follows, to counter Robert's apparent envy, is to instill a sense of justice
> in Robert that those down to whom he posts may just possibly be smarter, make
> more money, and be happier than he is.  If Robert could possibly curb his
> arrogant keyboard on comp.lang.ada for one week, even he would be amazed at
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Let he who is without sin, er.. keyboard, ummm.. whatever, cast the
first stone, er flame, network packect... whatever.

> the fresh new ideas expressed from the silent readers here otherwise put
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Apparently out yourself, eh?

> off by the gross behavior of him and his cronies.  Put another way, the mode
                                           ^^^^^^^
                                           Ed, a crony?  I'm aghast!
> and content of Robert's posts reflect one who doesn't have too much to do,
> and hence waste everyone's time.
                  ^
                  Right back at ya, babe!

This time I just had to say _something_.  As one of the "silent readers"
of this group (well maybe an occassional post or two) I am more offended
by your insensitive tirade than by any supposed air of superiority on the
part of Robert.  At least for his part, he is actively, and with
occassional humor, trying to promote and extend the reach of the Ada
language; something that I notice a conspicuous lack of on your part.

If I am not mistaked, aren't there a couple of sayings regarding social
conduct or manners:

      1)  If you can't say something nice about someone, then don't say
anything.

      2)  Children should be seen and not heard.

Dave.
--
 Dave Retherford                      |
  Daver@Neosoft.com  or:              |