* GNAT
@ 1994-11-23 16:14 Scott Leschke
From: Scott Leschke @ 1994-11-23 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

GNAT.  New version.  When ?

Scott Leschke

* Re: GNAT
@ 1994-11-29 15:33 ` Jack Beidler
From: Jack Beidler @ 1994-11-29 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <leschkes.785607289@ferret>, leschkes@ferret.cig.mot.com (Scott Leschke) writes:
|> GNAT.  New version.  When ?
|>
|> Scott Leschke

I too eagerly await a new version of GNAT, but I'd prefer to see
the GNAT folks paraphrase the marines:
                "A few good versions"
instead of producing lots of versions.  Let's face it 1.83 does
what it does quite well.
--
+----------------------------------------+------------------------+
|John (Jack) Beidler                    ++   beidler@cs.uofs.edu  |

* Re: GNAT
@ 1994-11-29 17:48   ` Emmanuel Germond
From: Emmanuel Germond @ 1994-11-29 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3bfhkh$6v9@gopher.cs.uofs.edu>, beidler@guinness.cs.uofs.edu (Jack Beidler) writes:

|> I too eagerly await a new version of GNAT, but I'd prefer to see
|> the GNAT folks paraphrase the marines:
|>                 "A few good versions"
|> instead of producing lots of versions.  Let's face it 1.83 does
|> what it does quite well.

I had a course 2 weeks ago with someone in charge of the GNAT project :
 he told me the 2.0 version should be out this week...
They don't say anything about it, because they *are* seriuos guys who
and won't announce anything before they can make it (not like those
Bozos for Mickey$oft (tm) ). So, this announce engages no one but me.
I am really longing to see this 2.0 out!

Em
--
Emmanuel Germond             | "For in much wisdom is much grief; and he
germond@ensta.fr             |  that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow"

* Re: GNAT
@ 1994-11-30 23:01   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1994-11-30 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

eager waiting should be soon rewarded, the new version of GNAT, called
version 2.00 should be released tomorrow if all stays on schedule, and
certainly within a couple of days. This will be the SunOS version, the
others should follow closely behind.

Then on to 2.01 ...

* Re: gnat
       [not found] <01bd778e$431123a0$49c9fcc1@none.wanadoo.fr>
@ 1998-05-05  0:00 ` Markus Kuhn
From: Markus Kuhn @ 1998-05-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

CHABRUX wrote:
> Bonsoir, j'ai oubli� ou egare l'adresse ftp par laquelle j'ai plusieurs
> fois t�l�charg� les binaries GNAT jusqu'a la version 9 (sites d'origine et
> ses mirrors mondiaux), une/uvn aimable coll�gue pourrait-il m'en rappel�
> les coordonn�es . Merci d'avance .

Wrong language (and I mean French, not Ada :-).

Nevertheless: Tu peux t�l�charg� les binaries GNAT de

  ftp://unix.hensa.ac.uk/mirrors/gnat/

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Security Group, Computer Lab, Cambridge University, UK
email: mkuhn at acm.org,  home page: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>